Got questions? We've got answers. Entrepreneurs
Check out our FAQ — if you can’t find what you are looking for you can chat with us.
What’s The Leap?
A 3-month online incubation program that helps early-stage entrepreneurs validate their ideas and develop their business plan with the support of a personal mentor and a community of entrepreneurs.
- 3-months access to our 8 online business tools with which you will learn by doing as you develop and validate your business plan and see if your product has a space in the market.
- 18h mentorship with a personal mentor that will accompany you through every stage helping validate your progress and think critically.
- Checkpoints which will not only help you develop soft skills (hiring and building a team, communication, leadership, etc.) but give you the chance to network and connect with your cohort
- Lifetime access to our Community of founders and mentors from all over the world who will support you and help you expand your network.
- Access to a network of investors, workshops to get ready, and a chance to practice your pitch all to increase your chances of finding seed-stage funding.
- Cherries on top
- Visual business plan you will be able to use when searching for investors, grants, partners, and co-founders to increase your chances of success.
- Certificate of the course if you complete it successfully.
- Access to tools and discounts on services for your startup like Google Cloud Services, Taskade, Mailjet, Hubspot for Startups, Amazon Web Services, and Stripe to name a few.
- Early-stage entrepreneurs that either have a solid idea they’re passionate about pursuing, an MVP/prototype with little business structure, or an early-stage company.
- Can join from anywhere in the world.
- Must speak English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese.
We have helped 1800 entrepreneurs from 80+ countries and 70% of them are still active after the first 2 years. Meet some of our entrepreneurs here.
How can I apply?
- Application: Fill out an application here (about 20 minutes).
- Acceptance: We will review your application and let you know if we accepted you into the program (as there are limited spots).
- Confirmation: If you were notified of being accepted, you will have to go back to the platform, accept your spot, and enter your credit card details. (This is only for commitment purposes; you still have time to decide whether you will do the program.)
- Welcome Call: will be held to introduce ourselves and the next steps.
- Matching: Process to find your mentor. You will get the chance to meet different mentors interested in your venture and later rank them in order of preference. We won’t charge you until you’ve found the right mentor.
- Decision: Once you decide whether you wish to begin the program with the mentor you matched with, you will have to sign an agreement, make your first payment. And begin!!!
The selection process includes an online application to ensure that accepted entrepreneurs are ready for the incubation program. We evaluate applicants based on:
- The stage of maturity of your project at this moment (should be from solid idea to early-stage company)
- The needs you currently have (should be about getting external validation, planning your go-to-market, and have a clear roadmap for the next months; we are not an investment fund)
- Your understanding of the problem you’re solving for your customers
- Your passion to solve this problem and launch your business
- The innovative nature of your project
The best tip we can give you for your application: show us you’ve really thought about your business and the problem you’re solving, and that you’re ready to put all of your energy into making it a reality!
Yes, you can, however, if you are accepted into a program, accepting your spot means all other ongoing applications with being aborted. This guarantees that selected entrepreneurs are focused on one program only.
Who are the mentors?
- Our 1.200+ active volunteer mentors come from a variety of backgrounds and sectors. They have at least 5 years of experience in their area of expertise, are trained with the Bridge for Billions methodology, and share our passion for helping democratize the access to support for entrepreneurs.
- Meet some of our mentors here.
- They sign an agreement and will give their 100% to you and your project.
- Your mentor will support you through the whole program by helping you validate your strategy for each stage, keep a critical eye, and think outside the box.
- Mentors support you through collaboration on the platform as well as in-person video chats once a week of 1-2h.
Not at all! You will go through an organic matching process so that both you and the mentor choose each other.
This is how:
- You will get a chance to modify your profile so the mentors can get to know your ventures and its’ challenges.
- They will send you invitations to meet if they think they are interested in your project and believe they can help you.
- You will have 2 weeks to meet them and see if you connect with any of them.
- You both rank each other.
- Our algorithm pairs you.
- You decide whether you like who you have paired with 🡪 sign an agreement and begin incubating!
- If you don’t 🡪 wait for the next round or opt-out.
How much time do I need to dedicate to this program?
- Application Process: First, you have to submit an application which should only take about 20 minutes. If you’re accepted into the program, you will have to reserve your spot. And when the matching period starts you will have 2 weeks to meet with the mentors. Only once you decide who to do the project with, will the three months begin.
- Incubation Program: Throughout the 3 months, the activities require 6 to 8 hours per week (including 1-2h calls with your mentor) but there are always opportunities for you to go deeper and spend more time on each stage to significantly develop and validate your ideas.
A typical week is a blend of online work, live video calls with your mentors, peers, the Bridge team, and activities to learn about your customers and develop your prototype.
You’ll work on:
- Our online platform following our step-by-step methodology.
- Meet with your mentor for a 1-2h conference call to brainstorm and validate the work previously submitted.
- Meet 1h every two weeks with your cohort for a “Checkpoint” about the current tool, and you’ll interact with peers and access articles and extra resources in our online community.
- Many activities outside the platform are also recommended to validate your hypothesis, such as customer interviews, focus groups, competitive research, etc.
No need to worry, there are different ways our program can adapt to your schedule. Here are some tips:
- The hours are flexible as it is an online program so you can dedicate time to your venture when it is most convenient for you.
- Entrepreneurs have even launched their prototype and/or generated sales and revenue during the incubation program.
- Adding your teammates to your project (at no additional fee) will allow you to divide some of the work as well.
- The amount of time you spend on each stage depends on how much research you’ve already done on the topic. In other words, your time will be reduced by using research you’ve already conducted before starting this program and focus on the areas you need the most support with.
How will I pay?
- You will need a credit or debit card to pay for the program fee (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express).
- The first installment will be paid once you decide you wish to do the program with the mentor you were matched with. The second installment at the beginning of the second month. And the final one at the beginning of the third month.
- If you have been selected to a program and do not own a credit or debit card, contact us at email@example.com – we can’t promise anything, but we’ll analyze your case individually.
No! We are very transparent with our prices and will never take equity or any participation in your company. We think a flat fee for the program is the fairest possible model for entrepreneurs.
Yes, we give you the option to extend your program for as many additional months as you want, for a fee of $30 / €25 per month. However, the agreement with the mentor is only for 3 months so there is no guarantee your mentor will agree to accompany you during your extension. Regardless of extending or not, you are part of the online community and its resources for life.
You may have the right to request a refund in accordance with our Cancellation and Refund Policy that follows: If you are in your first three days of incubation, you may get a full refund. After the first three days of your incubation program, you may cancel your program at any time, which will nullify any future payments, but no refund of past payments will be granted.
We don’t directly invest in businesses that take part in The Leap program. However, all throughout the program, we connect you to prize opportunities, competitions, and other opportunities for funding. We also prepare you for fundraising through expert masterclasses and, provided you have finished the incubation program, you can be connected to investors from our network based on geography, sector, and other criteria.
Not at all! You can add your team members to the project, and at no additional fee. This may even help you manage your time better by sharing the work.
I’m concerned about my intellectual property if I apply